This keto bone broth recipe is so easy and super good for you! We drink this for breakfast and when we don’t feel well.
Maybe grandma did not fully understand all the health benefits of a good bone broth, but for generations, people have been enjoying the many wonderful health promoting aspects of bone broth.
Here are 7 reasons you should include bone broth as a regular staple in your keto diet.
- Heal your gut. A cup of bone broth a day works wonders for leaky gut syndrome. The gelatin in the bones helps to seal up holes in the intestines, thus helping to ease or even heal chronic diarrhea, constipation and food allergies.
- Reduce joint pain and protect your joints. Bone broth contains natural glucosamine, which has long been used for joint pain. Additionally, broth contains Chondroitin sulfate and collagen, which has been shown to help prevent osteoarthritis.
- Look younger. Bone broth is a rich source of collagen, which has been shown to improve the skin’s elasticity and reduce age lines.
- Sleep better. Bone broth contains glycine, which may help improve sleep.
- Support a healthy immune system. The many minerals in bone broth help support a strong immune system.
- Increase bone strength. Bone broth contains phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium for strong bones.
- Muscle recovery and energy. Bone broth contains vital amino acids from animal protein.
For more information on the benefits of bone broth see 8 Bone Broth Benefits That Will Convince You to Try the Trend and Bone Broth Benefits for Digestion, Arthritis and Cellulite
Enjoy a nutritional cup of keto today!
Keto Bone Broth Recipe
- Roasted animal bones*
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- A couple cloves of garlic or 2 tsps minced garlic
- One onion
- Salt to taste
- Put roasted bones in crockpot, cover with water, add apple cider vinegar and cook on high for 24 hours, watching water level and adding more water to keep bones covered.
- Add garlic, onion and perhaps a carrot, celery or bay leaf, etc. and cook another 12 to 24 hours, still checking water levels to keep bones covered with water.
- Strain off bones and veggies and throw them away. Add salt to the broth and enjoy!
*I use the left-over parts of a roasted chicken after we have eaten the meat or I roast beef bones myself by putting them in a casserole dish, covering with foil (this keeps my oven clean because it will spit when heated) and cooking at 425 degrees for 40 mins.
You May Also Like!
SAVE 30% ON ALL PRODUCTS
TRY OUR KETO MEAL REPLACEMENTS, NUTRITIONAL AND WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS!