Keto Broccoli Coleslaw Salad is a very healthy feeling salad and is the perfect balance of slightly sweet and sour, combined with the crunch of almond and sesame seed nuts.
I like this keto broccoli coleslaw salad especially because the ingredients require you to apply the principle, drink your foods and chew your drinks. This is not a salad you can just scarf-down. Thus, it teaches your children to slow-down, chew and taste the subtle differences of the ingredients. Feel the different textures in their mouths and truly enjoy their food. Additionally, this salad acts like a tooth brush as it moves through your intestines helping you to be clean on the inside.
This recipe makes a lot, but the leftovers are like a good Lasagna, better the next day as the dressing melds into the broccoli and carrots. Just add the nuts and seeds right before you eat it each time to keep the crunch. You can half the recipe if needed. This salad stores well in the refrigerator. Making more than for one meal allows you and your kids a quick bite to eat, provides a healthy mobile salad for school or work lunches, an afternoon snack, when you are in a hurry, or when you just don’t have the energy to make another meal.
Keto Broccoli Coleslaw Salad
- 24 oz bag of broccoli slaw (slivered broccoli, cabbage and carrot)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit sweetener, plus 2 droppers of liquid stevia
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or light olive oil
- 1 tsp chicken bullion
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Mix oil, vinegar, sweetener, bullion and salt, then pour over broccoli slaw and green onion. Toss and chill.
- Add chopped almonds and sunflower seeds before serving.