This Keto Thai soup recipe is fast, easy and great for a family that is always on the go. Make enough for left-overs and you have a second quick meal for another time.
Try this recipe and you will find a delicious blend of subtle flavors that compliment each other. The coconut milk provides a smooth texture, the lemon zest adds zing, while the curry paste balances the soup and brings a slight spice to the back of the palate. The cilantro leaves add freshness, while the mushrooms, chicken and spinach, give substance to the soup and something to chew on.
You have to try this keto Thai soup, everyone loves it at our house! Betcha can’t have just one bowl!
Keto Thai Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs red or yellow curry paste (or any you like)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 5 to 7 sliced mushrooms
- 3 cans full fat coconut milk
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cans chicken
- A couple handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 to 2 fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 sliced green onions
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Sweeten to taste with a few drops of liquid stevia
- Fresh squeezed lime to taste
- Saute the first 4 ingredients in your soup pot until mushrooms are soft.
- Add coconut milk, broth, chicken, spinach, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, salt, stevia and lime juice.
- Mix and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe can be made with whatever vegetables you have on hand. I have used cabbage, peas or pea pods, bean sprouts, lemon grass, etc. I add the lemon zest because I almost never have lemon grass on hand, but since doing keto, I almost always have lemons. Also, you can add more curry paste for more of a kick. I use whatever chicken I have on hand. The canned chicken just makes this soup super easy. You could try shrimp or crab instead of chicken.