Ok lets face it, eggs are the universal food for all meals, all seasons and all holidays. When all else fails, make eggs! I have made plenty of actual omelets, but if you don’t want to oxygenate the yolks, just make sunny-side up eggs and add your choice of omelet toppings. This keto mock omelet recipe is low carb, super easy, healthy and delicious!
Keto Mock Omelet Recipe
- Cheese if desired
- Any combination of veggies: spinach, chard, kale, broccoli, onions/green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and fresh herbs like basil, cilantro, etc.
- Crispy bacon crumbles (optional)
- Saute vegetables, except avocado, in butter or favorite healthy oil, adding the delicate veggies like green onions, tomatoes and fresh herbs last minute to warm them through.
- Crack eggs into the pan leaving yolks in-tact and give each egg a shake of salt and add cheese on top of eggs if desired.
- When egg whites turn opaque, take the pan off the burner and put the pan under the broiler, leaving the handle sticking out of the oven, to finish cooking the tops of the eggs and melt the cheese.
- Serve the eggs by placing individual servings on a plate and top with the sautéed veggies, fresh avocado slices and bacon crumbles.