A taco salad is an easy go to meal for lunch or dinner and you can still enjoy it on the keto diet. With dried and fresh herbs and spices, avocado oil and lime juice, this Keto Taco Salad recipe is packed with a healthy punch. It is grain free, gluten free, low carb, and sugar free. You will love this homemade Keto Taco Salad.
Keto Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef or shredded chicken (for quick and easy, use drained, canned chicken or beef)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 Tbs avocado oil to the pan if using chicken or pre-cooked beef. If cooking raw beef, the fat from the meat with be enough.
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder (more if you want spicier)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/8 tsp stevia/erythritol blend
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp pepper
- Optional: 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes for added kick
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- Sour cream (or creamy dressing below)
- Salsa (Click here for my homemade, fresh salsa recipe)
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk (or enough to make it pour nicely)
- 1 Tbs ranch seasoning mix
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning mix
- Saute first 11 ingredients together in a skillet over medium heat until onions are cooked (and meat is cooked through if using raw).
- For Salad, combine lettuce, tomatoes, olives and fresh cilantro.
- Top salad with seasoned sauted meat.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, fresh salsa and vinaigrette or creamy dressing.