Everyone loves good German Pancakes, and you can still enjoy them on the keto diet. Topped with berries and whipped cream, these keto German pancakes (made with almond flour) are easy to whip up for a special occasion breakfast, dessert or anytime! Looking for breakfast ideas that are grain free, gluten free, low carb, and sugar free? Keto German Pancakes are the perfect answer!
Keto German Pancakes Recipe
Set oven to 425 degrees
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups berries
- 1/4 cup xylitol (or sweeten to taste with preferred sweetener)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- When oven is heated, put butter in a 9x13 casserole dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, almond flour, almond milk, cream and salt in the blender.
- When butter is melted, sizzling but not burned, carefully put out the oven rack and pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pancake is puffed up and lightly browned. It will flatten slightly after it comes out of the oven.
- While the pancake is baking, sweeten the berries with xylitol and mix together in a bowl. If using frozen berries, heat up berries to thaw them.
- Whip the heavy cream, xylitol and vanilla in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until desired consistency.
- Cut the puffed pancake into 6 or 8 squares and serve on individual plates topped with berry topping and whipped cream.
*Note: To save money, I buy xylitol in the bulk bins at Good Earth. I also buy frozen berries in large bags from Costco because it is more economical than buying fresh berries. Costco also sells large cartons of heavy cream which we go through quickly at our house.
You May Also Like!
SAVE 30% ON ALL PRODUCTS
TRY OUR KETO MEAL REPLACEMENTS, NUTRITIONAL AND WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS!